Saturday, January 29, 2011

First Post! YAY!

So I know that not a soul is reading this except maybe my boyfriend :S But I am doing it anyway! So I recently became addicted to following DIY and design blogs, LOVE THEM! And I thought well, I am always doing little crafty projects around the house, bargain shopping, and rearranging in my house, so why not blog about it, I'm sure someone will find me amusing!

So I have no clue about how to do this so I predict many screw ups and bumps along the way, but hey! That's half the fun, right?



Yesterday my girlfriend and I were supposed to go into the city for a girl's night out, shopping and dinner, but because we live in Canada and its winter, we weren't able to go. So instead we went
and did some bargain shopping at our local salvation army, and I picked up these cutest little birds! I kind of liked the color at first, but I decided it isn't going to match very well with my decor, so I
am in the process of spray painting them white, then I think I am going to paint the part that is orange, a robin egg blue, or a really nice light green. Not sure yet?!
I also picked up these other cute little birds, I forgot to get a before picture, I was way too excited to get them painted; they were an ugly brown, someone was going for the realistic bird look and it didn't work at all, not for me anyways! I bought some glossy finish spray paint in hopes it will come out looking chic, it's the first time I have ever spray painted anything and I'm hoping it works out. If not they were only a buck!

1 comment:

  1. Oops! No pics in this one! oh well lol, it's the same as the other one except without pics!

    ReplyDelete